1. The school operates 4 campuses, the most popular being Kongo and Samaru. The Samaru Campus is the institution’s main campus which houses its administrative buildings and most of its faculties. (Wikipedia)
2. There are over 90,000 students in ABU running different programmes ranging from diploma and undergraduate to postgraduate.
3. The Faculty of Law and the Departments of History, Urban and Regional Planning, Local Government & Development Studies and few others have never produced a first class graduate.
4. Medicine and Surgery is the most applied course in ABU. According to a statistics from ABU in 2016, 10k people applied and only about 120 were needed. Civil Law is the second most sought after course.
5. Presently, there are 99 departments in ABU, Zaria and 16 Faculties.
6. Before building of Dangote and Shehu Idris Halls, ABU had no new hostel for the past 40 years.
7. The current Vice-Chancellor is Professor Ibrahim Garba. Prof. Yahaya Yunusa Bambale is the Dean Students’ Affairs, and Dr. Ahmed Kundila is the Registrar, Ahmadu Bello University. (Empirically)
8. The distance between Kongo Campus and Samaru Campus using a bus or a car is about 25 minutes.
9. ABU is the second largest university on the African continent after the University of Cairo in Egypt.
10. Out of the 99 departments of ABU, only two Faculties are in Kongo Campus;
Faculty of Law and Faculty of Administration.
11. ABU is the most cosmopolitan university in Nigeria. It has students from all parts of Nigeria. It also has the highest number of foreign candidates.
12. One of the largest Christian Students’ chapel is located in Samaru Main Campus of ABU, Zaria.
13. The school has never been shutdown by cult activities.
14. Kogi state has the highest student population in ABU.
15. ABU is one of the cheapest federal universities in Nigeria.